Join our workshops and meet our experts from VLCI’s team, as well as world-renowned guest speakers. Learn about the beauty of predictive formulation science through presentations, hands-on training and an interactive live challenge. Check out the workshop topics below, as well as a schedule for 2018, in the Netherlands and in the US, Delaware. We can also offer on-site training based on your specific formulation field and challenges!
"I was able to ask many questions about practical problems, and discuss well with the formulation experts, so I have now a better view on how to tackle some of my daily challenges. VLCI workshops are practical, interactive and fun!"
Hansen Solubility Parameters (HSP) are a powerful tool for smart and efficient ingredient matching. It is applicable in a varied range of applications, as practical way to understand and improve compatibility, solubility, stability and efficacy.
– Presentations of HSP theory and method
– Hands-on training: sample preparation, ranking and data analysis via the HSPiP software
– Practical implementation, predictions and other benefits
– Guest speakers: Professor Steven Abbott and Mark Chandler
– Amsterdam, the Netherlands: September 12th 2018 – Normal level – Cost: 500 euros
The HLD-NAC (Hydrophilic Lipophilic Difference – Net Average Curvature) approach has been developed by world-renowned experts to make surfactant selection easier for formulation developments. Contrary to the HLB theory, the HLD-NAC approach is applicable for all types of surfactants (anionic, non-ionic, bio-based,…) and allows profound predictions to be made.
– Presentations of HLD-NAC theory and methods, predictions and other benefits
– Hands-on training: sample preparation & scans for HLD parameters determination, and practical implementation in (micro-)emulsions with bio-based ingredients
– Guest speakers: Professor Steven Abbott and Professor Edgar Acosta
– Amsterdam, the Netherlands: September 13th/14th 2018 – Expert level – Cost: 750 euros
High Throughput (HT) platforms allow for automated and parallel preparation, providing fast and reliable workflows. High Throughput screenings are therefore ideal to speed up development processes while saving on cost and raw materials.
– Presentation of various HT platforms and their benefits
– Translation of manual processing to HT workflows
– HT preparation of varied formulations in VLCI’s lab
To be scheduled…